GWA Music Academy
What is GEMS Music Academy?
GEMS Music Academy (GMA) gives students an opportunity to learn to play a variety of musical instruments. The academy provides students a chance to develop a lifelong appreciation of music and an enthusiasm for learning, all in a nurturing environment with supportive teachers.
Why is music important for your child?
Research findings show that music can increase a child’s ability to learn, especially in reading and mathematics.
- One report linked the study of music, including the rhythmic, tonal and practical skills it provides, to a superior cognitive performance in reading.
- Neuroscientists also underlined the benefits of an education in music when they discovered that music uses more parts of the brain than most other activities. These are the same areas of the brain which are involved in analytical and mathematical thinking.
- Another study showed that music education can positively impact our physical and mental well-being, including relieving anxiety, promoting relaxation, lowering heart rate and blood pressure, and also helping with social development.
While music can increase our ability to learn, the benefits of education in music reach beyond the classroom and academic settings. Music teaches your child to connect with themselves and others. It teaches them how to make decisions and to problem solve. It raises self-esteem and opens doors to dreams and aspirations.
Who should enrol?
GMA accepts students from year 1/Grade 2 and above. Whether your child is preparing for the Trinity/ABRSM music exams, brushing up on musical skills, or learning to play a musical instrument for the very first time, our teachers are committed to helping your child achieve their musical goal.
Which Instruments can my child learn?
- Strings - Violin, Viola, Cello
- Woodwinds - Clarinet, Saxophone, Flute, Oboe, Recorder
- Guitar - acoustic, classical, electric, bass
- Drum kit
- Brass–Trumpet, Trombone
For more information, please visit GEMS Music Academy website.