The International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes are at the heart of GEMS World Academy - Dubai and are internationally renowned for being rigorous and challenging courses in which students develop rapidly, both personally and academically. The IB Programme is widely considered the gold standard of education. GEMS World Academy community consists of 1300 students, 130 teachers, 80 teaching assistants, 40 administrative and support staff, and a team of exceptionally talented leaders who all contribute to the high standards that our community deserves.
GEMS World Academy - Dubai (GWA) is a private, co-educational IB World school for PreK to Grade 12 students. Established in 2008 as a member of GEMS Education, the school is authorised to deliver the PYP, MYP, DP and CP programmes, and is also accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We serve a multi-ethnic community in the heart of Dubai. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and foster a real sense of communal endeavour.
The Academy has gained national and international recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, as well as its aspirational and inclusive vision. We are proud that:
- The internationally recognised gold standard of pre-university education is in our DNA
- We have continuum of all four IB programmes, and through the IB Learner profile we are able to best prepare students for a more effective transition into world-class universities
- Our strong IB World averages (and continually improving) provides access to the world’s best universities
- We are an Academy that is recognised by KHDA (Very Good) as an environment where innovation and improvement are fostered
- We have over 92 nationalities and are a part of the global World Academy network with schools in Chicago and Singapore.
- Our students have access to world class learning spaces which create opportunities to move from the macro environment of space, to the microscopic environment of cells and atoms in our Digital Planetarium. Students also have the ability to create audio and video content in the purpose-built recording studios and green-screen room
- We have over 150 After School Activities and enrichment opportunities, over 45 Week Without Walls options around the world, sports opportunities for all, student leadership, individualised learning (RTI), all of which enables GWA to provide a truly holistic education
- A strong 12 year legacy of a warm caring community
For further information on our unique offer, please visit 50 GWA Facts.
GEMS World Academy - Dubai recruits teachers in several ways. We welcome applications through one of the following options:
Applications direct to the Academy:
Please submit your application electronically to [email protected]. Please include:
- The position you are applying for in the subject line
- An up to date CV
- A minimum of two reference contact details (one must be your most recent employer)
- Recent photograph
Applications through GEMS Education Careers page:
Please apply via the GEMS Careers Site at: Jobs at GEMS Education where all current GEMS vacancies are listed.
Applications through international teacher recruitment agencies and organisations:
We are pleased to partner with a number of international teacher recruitment agencies and organisations including; Search Associates, International School Services (ISS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). GEMS World Academy - Dubai frequently attends international recruiting fairs, however applicants are encouraged to check the agency websites to confirm GEMS World Academy - Dubai's attendance at any one fair, as current vacancies will dictate which fairs are attended.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check.
GEMS World Academy - Dubai guarantees that all applicants will be considered in a manner that is respectful of individual values and beliefs, provided those values and beliefs are not in conflict with the federal laws and local regulations of the UAE. All applicants will receive individualised, considerate and respectful attention when being considered for interview, hire, selection and/or admission to the Academy. Consideration and appointment are guaranteed to be free from discrimination based on; race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, religion, gender, age, familial status, and/or disability as GEMS World Academy - Dubai bases interview and hiring decisions on the merits of; skill, qualifications, experience, and whether the person is the right fit for the programme.