Helen Al Uzaizi
Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Environmentalism Director,
Helen has spent the last 17 years working in marketing communications/ advertising, entrepreneurship and education working with some of the region’s largest brands and organizations.
After 10 years in the advertising world working with brands such as Audi, Porsche, EMAAR, Royal Jordanian, Zain Telecom, Orange Telecom and many other global brands, she shifted her career path to focus on entrepreneurship and education 7 years ago. With her passion for education and children, she founded Future Entrepreneurs, a platform to empower youth entrepreneurs in the MENA.
She also took on the role of CEO for BizWorld UAE, Jordan and Egypt, a social enterprise teaching children entrepreneurship and life skills. As part of her active role in the education field, she has expanded the BizWorld program to reach children in refugee camps in Jordan, engaging with community-based organizations to bring entrepreneurship education to marginalized populations. She has also taken the program into schools in Jordan and the UAE integrating project based and an inquiry based approach to entrepreneurship for children starting from the age of 8 and up to 15. The schools that have adopted the program include public schools, IB schools, underprivileged schools and has reached over 2000 children to date.
She has also created the KidPreneur Award, a Shark-Tank style competition, to encourage young children to show off their entrepreneurial and business skills to the world for the chance to make their ideas come to life.
Teaching students about entrepreneurship impacts them in so many ways. Not only is the program helping them learn the basics of starting and running a business, it is also helping them develop critical thinking skills and build their self-conﬁdence. The program is also designed for kids to increase their resilience, become more empathetic and develop a sense of optimism, all skills that are beneficial for their future and important to be integrated into the schooling systems around the world.
Her passion for education and children’s development has been the driving force behind her work and her upcoming project of building the first of its kind progressive education school in the MENA region.
She was also recently honored by being selected as one of the UAE's Smartest 100 People by Arabian Business and one of the 50 most influential women in the Arab world.
She also serves as a Board Member, Brand Ambassador, Advisor, Fundraiser and Mentor to various NGO's in the region.
On a personal level, Helen is a mother of two girls, a 4x IronMan 70.3 finisher, triathlete and an adventurer who believes in making dreams come to life and that anything is possible.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed Award for Young Business Leaders
- Social Enterprise of the Year, 2017 – Ta’atheer
- Best Kids Entrepreneurship Program, 2018 – MENA Markets
- 100 Smartest People in the UAE – Arabian Business
- 50 Most Influential Women in the Arab World – CEO Magazine
- The Social Enterprise Project: Pro Bono Advisor, Brand Ambassador
- Drafting Social Enterprise Laws UAE: Founding Core Team Member
- PACES: Member of the Board of Trustees
- King Hussein Cancer Foundation: Volunteer Mountain Climbing Fundraising Team Lowest to Highest for Cancer 2014, 2018 – Mount Kilimanjaro, Mera Peak (Nepal)
- Jusoor, Syrians Moving Forward: Mentor
- Lovin' Dubai: Board Member
- Young Arab Leaders: Member
- Dubai Business Women's Council: Member
- Oasis 500: Mentor