How To Apply
Thank you for considering GEMS World Academy - Dubai as the next step in your child’s education. We understand that choosing the right Academy is one of the most important decisions a parent can make and we value the confidence and trust that families place in GEMS World Academy - Dubai.
Before beginning the online application process, please refer to the GEMS World Academy - Dubai Admissions Guidelines and Overview page which includes important information including the country comparison chart for appropriate grade level placement.
STEP 1 - Online Application
Click here to complete the online application, along with payment of the application fee of AED 525, (inclusive of VAT) per student.
This fee is:
- Refundable if the Academy does not offer the student a place. Unless, the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Non-refundable if the Academy offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
- Not deductible from the total tuition fees to be paid if the student is offered and accepts a place.
STEP 2 - Complete your documentation
Upload copies of your child’s admissions documents to the final page of your online application. Please note that all submitted documents must be in English. If documents require translation, they must be stamped and signed as official, legal translations.
Documents to be submitted at initial registration stage
- 1 copy of the Student’s Passport
- Student’s last two years of school reports (nursery reports for EC applicants)
- 1 GEMS World Academy - Dubai Confidential Early Childhood Recommendation Form for applicants Pre-K- KG2 only Download Form Here
- 1 Early Childhood Parent Survey for applicants Pre-K – KG2 only Download Form Here
- 1 GEMS World Academy - Dubai Confidential Recommendation Form for applicants Grades 1-12 only Download Form Here
- 1 High School Student Questionnaire for applicants Grades 9-12 only Download Form Here
- Full details of any previously identified special educational needs including individual education plans (IEPs), educational psychologist or other therapist reports (only applicable for students with learning support needs)
Documents to be submitted once a student has been enroled
- Student's Emirates ID card
- Previous school’s Transfer Certificate
- 1 copy of student’s immunization record/card
STEP 3 – Onsite Assessment
Once all required documents have been submitted, the Academy will contact parents to book an onsite assessment. If a student is out of the country and unable to attend an assessment in person, the application is shared with the CEO / Principal for review of the submitted academic records, and a provisional acceptance can potentially be granted in advance of an assessment. If a provisional placement is granted, students are still required to complete an assessment upon arrival, for class placement and teacher allocation purposes.
Please click here for more information about the placement assessment process.
STEP 4 – Review
The application is sent to the CEO / Principal for review, with a 24-hour turnaround time
STEP 5 - Admissions Verdict
The Admissions Team will contact you with an update on your child’s admissions verdict. Possible admissions outcomes include the following:
- Full acceptance (based on academic reports and completed assessment)
- Provisional acceptance (based on reports alone – assessment to follow)
- Denied Admission (for academic or social concerns beyond the scope of the programme)
Please note that if a student is accepted and given a place at GEMS World Academy - Dubai, a registration deposit is payable after the parents have accepted the offer. The registration deposit is 10% of the total tuition fees and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. This is a non-refundable deposit.