Charitable Work at GWA
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give”
- Winston Churchill
One of the key aspects of the IB Learner profile is to be CARING. As a school, we strive to help students understand the importance of caring for others in the community, being generous and selfless, as well as raising awareness about some very meaningful, community orientated causes.
The GWA community (students, staff and parents) has organized and participated enthusiastically in many charitable events over the years, both in school and in the local community. After supporting Dubai Cares in previous years, our students decided this year to also support various charitable causes via Emirates Red Crescent, as well as organize various activities aimed to show appreciation for our own Support Staff.
- Young Philanthropist Award
- Build a school in Nepal
- Student Charity Committee
- Run 2 Overcome Festival
- SEWA: “Change the lives of those around you”
- Charity support through curricular and co-curricular activities
- Pyjama Day / Whole School Clothing Drive
- Cancer awareness
- GWA supported charities
- Ten reasons to help others: a guide put together by GWA Middle School students
- Eco Schools