Step-by-Step Application Process
Thank you for considering GEMS World Academy-Dubai as the next step in your child’s education. We understand that choosing the right school is one of the most important decisions a parent can make and we value the confidence and trust that families place in GWA-Dubai.
Before beginning the online application process, please refer to the GWA Admissions Guidelines and Overview page which includes important information including the country comparison chart for appropriate grade level placement.
STEP 1 – Click here to complete the online application, along with payment of the application fee of AED 525, (inclusive of VAT) per student.
This fee is:
Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place. Unless, the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
Not deductible from the total tuition fees to be paid if the student is offered and accepts a place.
STEP 2 – Upload copies of your child’s admissions documents to the final page of your online application. Please note that all submitted documents must be in English. If documents require translation, they must be stamped and signed as official, legal translations.
Documents to be submitted at initial registration stage:
- 1 copy of the Student’s Passport
- Student’s last two years of school reports (nursery reports for EC applicants)
- 1 GWA Confidential Early Childhood Recommendation Form for applicants Pre-K- KG2 only
- 1 Early Childhood Parent Survey for applicants Pre-K – KG2 only
- 1 GWA Confidential Recommendation Form for applicants Grades 1-12 only
- 1 High School Student Questionnaire for applicants Grades 9-12 only
- Full details of any previously identified special educational needs including individual education plans (IEPs), educational psychologist or other therapist reports (only applicable for students with learning support needs)
Documents to be submitted once a student has been enrolled:
- Student's Emirates ID card
- Previous school’s Transfer Certificate
- 1 copy of student’s immunization record/card
STEP 3 – Once all required documents have been submitted, the school will contact parents to book an onsite assessment. If a student is out of the country and unable to attend an assessment in person, the application is shared with the Head of School for review of the submitted academic records, and a provisional acceptance can potentially be granted in advance of an assessment. If a provisional placement is granted, students are still required to complete an assessment upon arrival, for class placement and teacher allocation purposes. Please click here for more information about the placement assessment process.
STEP 4 – The application is sent to the Head of School for review, with a 24-hour turnaround time
STEP 5 – The admissions team will contact you with an update on your child’s admissions verdict. Possible admissions outcomes include the following:
• Full acceptance (based on academic reports and completed assessment)
• Provisional acceptance (based on reports alone – assessment to follow)
• Waitlisted (due to no grade level availability, EAL and/or SEN support
• Denied Admission (for academic or social concerns beyond the scope of
Please note that if a student is granted acceptance, a registration deposit is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The registration deposit is 10% of the total tuition fees, and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
To view our full Admissions Policy please click here.