Step-by-Step Application Process
Thank you for considering GEMS World Academy-Dubai as the next step in your child’s education. We understand that choosing the right school is one of the most important decisions a parent can make and we value the confidence and trust that families place in GWA-Dubai.
Before beginning the online application process, please refer to the GWA Admissions Guidelines and Overview page which includes important information including the country comparison chart for appropriate grade level placement.
STEP 1 – Click here to complete the online application, along with payment of the registration fee of AED 500, (inclusive of VAT) per student (non-refundable).
STEP 2 – Upload copies of your child’s admissions documents to the final page of your online application. Please note that all submitted documents must be in English. If documents require translation, they must be stamped and signed as official, legal translations.
Documents to be submitted at initial registration stage:
- 1 copy of the Student’s Passport
- Student’s last two years of school reports (nursery reports for EC applicants)
- 1 GWA Confidential Early Childhood Recommendation Form for applicants Pre-K- KG2 only
- 1 Early Childhood Parent Survey for applicants Pre-K – KG2 only
- 1 GWA Confidential Recommendation Form for applicants Grades 1-12 only
- 1 High School Student Questionnaire for applicants Grades 9-12 only
- Full details of any previously identified special educational needs including individual education plans (IEPs), educational psychologist or other therapist reports (only applicable for students with learning support needs)
Documents to be submitted once a student has been enrolled:
- Student's Emirates ID card
- Previous school’s Transfer Certificate
- 1 copy of student’s immunization record/card
STEP 3 – Once all required documents have been submitted, the school will contact parents to book an onsite assessment. If a student is out of the country and unable to attend an assessment in person, the application is shared with the Head of School for review of the submitted academic records, and a provisional acceptance can potentially be granted in advance of an assessment. If a provisional placement is granted, students are still required to complete an assessment upon arrival, for class placement and teacher allocation purposes. Please click here for more information about the placement assessment process.
STEP 4 – The application is sent to the Head of School for review, with a 24-hour turnaround time
STEP 5 – The admissions team will contact you with an update on your child’s admissions verdict. Possible admissions outcomes include the following:
• Full acceptance (based on academic reports and completed assessment)
• Provisional acceptance (based on reports alone – assessment to follow)
• Waitlisted (due to no grade level availability, EAL and/or SEN support available)
• Denied Admission (for academic or social concerns beyond the scope of the program)
Please note that if a student is granted acceptance, an admission fee of AED 15,000 is required within seven days of the date on the offer letter to secure the seat. This fee is non-refundable and is adjustable against the total tuition fee for the academic year.