Last amended 01 December 2014
We will comply with the privacy laws of the country we are contacting you in. Bu, regardless of legislation we will always aim to be relevant and respectful if you have given us consent to contact you. If at any time you don't feel we've lived up to this, please let us know straight away by Contacting Us.
1. DATA PRIVACY
1.1 What information do we gather?
We may collect and process the following information in electronic and/or physical form (the “Information”) from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, including information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to a service, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Site or otherwise and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you want to sign up to receive our newsletter we will collect the following personal information from you: your email address, name, date of birth and what you are interested in hearing more about.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes and to help us improve the Site. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
This policy explains how we use personal information you provide to us. 'Personal information' is information which identifies you or another person, or is capable of doing so.
1.2 Password and Confidentiality
If you are provided with a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures for a registration-only section of the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and user name for the Site and you are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them. We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Site and we will not be liable where your password or user name is used by someone else. You agree to Contact Us immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or user name of which you become aware. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms or the Terms and Conditions of use of the Site.
1.3 How we use the Information
We use the Information held about you in the following ways:
- To register your application.
- To ensure that the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, based on information we collect from cookies or where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To send you relevant news if you have signed up to receive it
- To occasionally carry out surveys to ensure that we are providing you with what you are interested in
- To comply with the law
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so.
- To check whether you are eligible for a competition and to contact you if you win
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To comply with the law as we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interest
We won't keep hold of your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
1.4 Will we share your information with anyone else?
- You specifically request this, such as when you submit information to enquire about jobs or submit a job application through www.gemseducation.com/careers for current or future roles
- We are required to do so to comply with the law or with direction from the courts or other authorities.
- We feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests – such as when someone has breached Paragraph 2 (Use of this Site and User Code of Conduct) of these Terms and Conditions
- It helps our trusted third party service providers to provide and improve our service to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences. We will also share your information with MailChimp, who securely host emails and act as a supplier to distribute our newsletters. We require these service providers to keep your personal information safe and secure. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
We won't rent or sell your details to any other organisation or individual. We may share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties and other parts of GEMS Education - but we'll keep it anonymous, so you won't be identifiable from that data.
1.5 Where we store and process the Information
1.6 Information Security
If you provide us with personal data over the Internet, you should be aware that data transmission via this medium cannot be guaranteed to be100% secure. While we will take all reasonable efforts to protect such personal data, you acknowledge that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data provided by these means and you provide it to us at your own risk. Once received, we have appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place to protect the data that resides on our servers. However, we do not warrant the security of our servers, nor do we warrant that the Information will be completely secure or not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
1.7 How you can access your information
You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of t