Work With Us
We are passionate about developing people and enabling individuals to become outstanding teachers.
All our staff are highly valued and we have a strong commitment to develop them in a positive proactive community.
If you are interested in working for us please do not wait for an advert. Instead contact us and we can discuss your future further.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes are at the heart of GEMS World Academy – Dubai and are internationally renowned for being rigorous and challenging courses in which students develop rapidly, both personally and academically. The IB Programme is widely considered the gold standard of education. GEMS World Academy community consists of 1750 students, 170 teachers, 81 teaching assistants, 45 administrative and support staff, and a team of exceptionally talented leaders who all contribute to the high standards that our community deserves.
GEMS World Academy – Dubai is a private co-educational IB World Academy for Nursery to Grade 12 students. Established in 2008 as a member of GEMS Education, the Academy is authorised to deliver the PYP, MYP, DP and CP programmes, and is also accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We serve a multi-ethnic community in the heart of Dubai. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and foster a real sense of communal endeavour.
The Academy has gained national and international recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, as well as its aspirational and inclusive vision. We are proud that:
- The internationally recognised gold standard of pre-university education is in our DNA
- We have continuum of all four IB programmes, and through the IB Learner profile we are able to best prepare students for a more effective transition into world-class universities
- We are an academy that is recognised by KHDA (with a 'Very Good' rating) as an environment where innovation and improvement are fostered
- We are made up of over 92 nationalities and have a sister school in Chicago
- Our students have access to world-class learning spaces including a digital planetarium which offers opportunities to move from the macro environment of space, to the microscopic environment of cells and atoms. Students also have the ability to create audio and video content in our purpose-built recording studios and green-screen room
- We have over 150 after school activities and enrichment opportunities, over 45 Week Without Walls options around the world, sports opportunities for all, student leadership, individualised learning (RTI), all of which enable the Academy to provide a truly holistic education
- We have a strong 14-year legacy of nurturing a warm, caring community
For further information on our unique offer, please visit GEMS World Academy Facts.
At GEMS World Academy – Dubai, our policies for safer recruitment fully align with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a very high standard in relation to our child protection and safeguarding practices and are committed to preserving and promoting the welfare of all our students. We expect all our staff to share this commitment, without exception. Successful applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and obtain a Police Certificate or Good Conduct Certificate from the country where they last lived and worked. This may also include disclosure and barring checks.
- Please apply via the school career site where all current vacancies are listed
What makes a happy GEMS person?
It's waking up every day, knowing we are going to meet the next generation of game-changers, thinkers and doers. Now that's something to cheer about.
We also know that when it comes to being a great place to work, it helps to make sure our people are well looked after - physically, emotionally, financially and socially.
- We care about you and your family. Started by a family of teachers, we know just how much family matters. Whether you're moving country to work with us, or just around the corner, we have a number of benefits to support you and your nearest and dearest. And, if you are welcoming a little bundle of joy to your family, ask about how they can be a future GEMS student.
- We never stop learning. We're as inquisitive as the students we teach and the leaders we meet. That's why we've developed one of the most comprehensive in-house Training, Leadership and Professional Development programmes in the world.
- Rest and play. Ask us about our holidays benefits packages - with extra days depending on your level and location.
- Healthy minds, healthy bodies. On-site nurses and health care professionals keep our people healthy and happy. Services might vary by location.
- Travel assistance. With so many GEMS people around the world, we know how important it is to stay connected. Talk to us about travel assistance when you need it.
- Employee assistance. Caring for students is not all we do. Sometimes we all need a bit of extra help. We have a team of trained counsellors who can help GEMS people with a wide range of professional and personal problems.
- Discounts and offers. For GEMS people in the Middle East, we've pulled together some of the best discounts around.