Last updated 01 December 2014
Welcome to GEMS Wellington Primary School
This page provides information about the legal terms and conditions that apply to your use of the site
We, GEMS MENASA Cayman Limited (“gemseducation.com”, “we” or “us”) ask you to take the time to read these Terms and Conditions carefully. They explain the rules covering your use of this website (the "Site") as well as other information regarding your rights.
By using the Site you’ll be confirming that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to follow them.
These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time and, if they do, the most up-to-date version will always be available on our Site. We will indicate at the top of this page when they were last updated.
Even if you have already read these Terms and Conditions before, please ensure that you check back regularly to view any changes which may have been made. By continuing to use the site after these Terms and Conditions have changed, you will be confirming that you have read and understood, and agreed to be bound by, any revised Terms and Conditions.
To help you find the information you are looking for, we have divided these Terms and Conditions into 3 sections. These are:
View information about GEMS Education
You can find out how to get in touch with us or view our registered company details here
You can learn what personal information gemseducation.com collects and uses about you when you access, browse and use this website (including registering with this website) and see what rights you have to control our use of your personal information here
You can view the legal terms and conditions that apply when you access, browse and use our site below
1. WHO CAN USE THE SITE
When you are using our Site we expect that you are over the age of 18. However we do hope that our students and future students are as engaged in their learning and education as their parents. So if you are looking at gemseducation.com and are under 18 and/or a minor, then the use of the Site is subject to the consent of your parent or guardian.
As educators, protecting the online privacy of children is especially important to us. We advise parents or guardians who permit their children to use the Site, and in particular any interactive element of the Site, that they should make their child aware of the potential risks to them.
2. USE OF THE SITE AND USER CODE OF CONDUCT
We want all our users to be able to feel safe and at ease whilst using our site. The best way to make sure this happens is to follow these Terms and Conditions.
You may only use the Site lawfully, for personal (non-commercial) purposes and in a manner which does not damage the Site or infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any person, firm or company.
You may download and store one copy of any page or other element of the content of the Site (the "Content"), and may make one printed copy, for your personal (non-commercial) use only, but you must not distribute any Content to other people or delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. If you wish to make further copies of any Content, or to distribute copies of any Content to other people, you must first obtain our written permission. You can do this via the Contact Us section of this Site.
You agree that in using the Site (or any part thereof) or the Content you will not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part or component of the Site or the Content, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. In the event that you have a claim against another user of the Site arising out of that user’s use of the Site or the Content, you agree to pursue such right, claim or action independently of and without recourse to us.
You agree that you will not place or transmit false or misleading information on or through this Site or input or upload to this Site any information that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system or this Site.
We cannot take responsibility or liability for the conduct of any person who uses our Site. In addition, gemseducation.com is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of our site.
We ask that in using this Site you show respect for other users and the property of others. You agree:
- to behave in a respectful way to all other users, not to post or otherwise make available content which is, in our view, likely to impair others' enjoyment of this site
- not to breach the law or encourage a breach of the law.
- not to post or otherwise make available content which, in our view, portrays unacceptable violence.
- not to post or otherwise make available content which is, in our view, abusive, offensive, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or of a sexual nature, illegal, threatening, intimidating, in breach of privacy, confidentiality or third party rights or otherwise unacceptable.
- not to behave in a way which is threatening, intimidating, harassing or bullying, offensive, abusive, defamatory, discriminatory or demeaning or to stalk or violate the rights of others including individuals' privacy rights.
- not to share any information which is confidential to any other person.
- not to register as or on behalf of anyone else, impersonate anyone else, seek to take on a false identity or misrepresent yourself, your identity or your age.
- not post or otherwise make available content containing financial information (such as account, credit or debit card details) or information which identifies an individual personally or is capable of identifying an individual personally (such as names, phone numbers, email addresses or postal addresses) .
- to respect information you obtain on our site and use it only in accordance with this User Code of Conduct and our Terms and Conditions.
- not to advertise, promote or endorse any goods or services and
not use our site to send any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication.
We may investigate any reported breach of these terms and conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, without limitation, removing any of your information, issuing warnings, suspending, restricting or terminating your access to and/or removing any Content from the Site.
You agree that we may terminate or suspend your use of the Site at any time and for any or no reason without any notice, even if we continue to allow others to use it. You agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss caused by termination or suspension ofyour access to the Site.
3. USER-GENERATED CONTENT
This site also contains an opportunity for users to comment on, upload documents or share articles and posts on the site ("User Content"). Any User Content that is not your personal information will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. So long as the User Content remains on our Site we may use, copy, distribute, modify, make derivative works from and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You confirm that all information and details provided by you to us (including on registration, if applicable) are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times and that you will comply with Paragraph 2 (Use of this Site and User Code of Conduct) or as set out elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions.
You further confirm that in relation to any material submitted to the Site, you have the right to do so and have obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the material that you share or post and that whilst we keep an eye on User Content, we may not check materials or details